Follow these quick steps and get protected! Comcast.net email address and password are required to continue. Find my email address now.
Have your Comcast ID or Comcast.net email address and password ready.
- If you don't know your email address, find it using the telephone number associated with your account.
- Forgot or lost your password? Reset it now.
Uninstall any existing security software from your computer, including previous versions of Norton.
For more information on this topic, please visit our Help and Support forums.
Operating Systems Supported
- Microsoft Windows® XP (32-bit) with Service Pack 2 or later Home / Professional / Media Center
- Microsoft Windows Vista® (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter / Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows® 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter / Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows® 8 and 8.1
- Microsoft Windows® 10
Windows 2000 and Windows 98 are not supported Operating Systems
Minimum Hardware Requirements
- 300MHz or faster processor
- 256MB of RAM
- 300MB storage memory
Additional Windows Vista® Requirements
- Must meet minimum Windows Vista operating system requirements
- Phishing Protection feature available only on 32-bit Internet Explorer
Phishing Protection feature requires Microsoft Internet Explorer® 6.0 or higher or Firefox® 2.0 or higher.
Email Scanning Supported for Compatible Email Clients
- Outlook Express
Required for All Installations
- A standard web browser such as Internet Explorer or Chrome
Frequently Asked Questions
- I cannot find my Norton product after I upgrade to Windows 10.
- If you have upgraded to Windows 10 and yet cannot find your Norton product, please visit the I cannot find my Norton product support page on Symantec's website
- I cannot start my Norton product after the Windows 10 upgrade.
- If you cannot start your Norton product after you upgrade to Windows 10, then you may need to uninstall and reinstall it. For additional support, please visit the I cannot start my Norton product support page on Symantec's website.
- Is Norton Identity Safe compatible with Microsoft Edge browser?
- No. Neither Norton Identity Safe, nor the Norton Toolbar, will not work on the new Microsoft Edge browser. For additional support, please visit the Microsoft Edge support page on Symantec's website.
- How do I switch from a paid Norton subscription to the Comcast subscription if I want to use Norton Security Suite offered at no additional cost?
- To switch from a paid Norton subscription to the subscription offered at no additional cost through Comcast, please click here to chat with one of our customer support representatives.
- Why does Norton ask me to restart my computer?
- You will be asked to restart your computer during the Norton Security Suite installation process in order to remove any existing security software. If you choose to not restart your computer immediately, your computer will not be protected.
- Can I download Norton Security Suite on more than one device?
- Yes. Norton Security Suite can be downloaded on up to seven devices for residential customers.
- Is the Norton Security Suite compatible with Macintosh computers?
- Norton Security Suite is specific to PCs, however, there is a Macintosh-specific version, Norton Internet Security. Information on Norton Internet Security is available here.
- What do I need to install the Norton Security Suite?
- To download Norton Security Suite, you will only need your Comcast.net email address and password. Download the Norton Security Suite using download link above and enter your Comcast.net username (your email address) and password when asked. Click here to reset your password if you have forgotten or lost it.
- Is the offer for Norton Security Suite really available at no additional cost?
- Yes. Norton Security Suite is available at no extra cost to Xfinity Internet customers. The software is included with your Xfinity Internet subscription.
- What is Identity Safe?
- Identity Safe is the password manager feature available within Norton Security Suite.
- How do I set up my password manager on Norton Security Suite?
- To set up your password manager on the Norton Security Suite dashboard click on Identity, then Manage Identity Protection, and create your storage vault and password. Once setup is complete, you can store frequently visited website URLs, usernames, and passwords under the Logins section.
You can also:
- Store addresses for auto-populating forms.
- Safely maintain credit card information for multiple payment methods.
- Keep notes for personal information you might need to reference.
- Tag any of the frequently used items above to categorize them.
- How does deleting or suspending one of my Comcast.net usernames affect my Norton services?
- Suspending one of your Comcast.net usernames will not have an affect on your Norton services; however, deleting a username may result in the device that downloaded the software with the deleted username to receive a pop-up indicating that the license has expired within 30 days of the username being deleted.
- What do I do if I have issues downloading the Norton Security Suite?
- For help downloading the Norton Security Suite, you can visit the Norton help site or chat with a Comcast customer support representative.
- Why am I being asked to upgrade my Norton Security Suite?
- Xfinity is committed to keeping you and your family safe online. As part of our ongoing effort to provide the best technology available, we are offering the latest version of Norton Security Suite. For more information on this topic, please visit our Help and Support forums.